follow up on installing a dual boot system of win98se and xp

In my earlier email I explained that I wanted to buy a new computer with 4
gigs of ram with a dual boot system of win98se to run xywrite from
command.com on start up and everything else in xp. I was concerned about
running win98se on a pc with more than 512 mb or ram. I found on edward
Mendelson's wordperfect for dos web site that there is a basis for concern.
He states with regard to Windows 98se

>Memory: The most memory that you can afford, up to 512 MB, but not more
>than 512 MB, unless you intend to create a dual->boot system that also runs
>Windows XP. Under Windows 98 SE, many Windows and DOS applications
>misbehave if more than 512
>MB of physical memory is available and you do not take special steps to
>prevent such problems. The instructions elsewhere >on this page will
>prevent all such problems with memory under Windows 98 SE. Use them
>carefully if you buy a machine with >more than 512 MB of RAM. Note that it
>is probably impossible to run Windows 98 SE on a computer that has more
>than 1 GB of >RAM.

>Note: The 512 MB limit in Windows 98 SE does not apply if you boot only to
>the plain DOS that comes with Windows 98 SE, not >to the Windows desktop,
>icons, windows, etc.; in this situation, DOS combined with expanded or
>extended memory will use only >the first 65 MB of the computer's memory,
>but any additional memory above 512 MB will not cause any problems.
>If you boot to the Windows desktop, icons, etc., however, the additional
>memory will cause problems unless you follow the >instructions elsewhere on
>this page.

Since I only intend to run xywrite and wpdos 5.1 from a command prompt on
bootup I think I found the answers to my questions.

I appreciate everyone who answered my emails and hope this helps anyone else
who would like to run xywrite in windows 98se at the command prompt in a pc
with more than 1 gig orf ram

Professor Mendelson's web site is
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/computer.html. His computer knowledge
rivals Roberts