Re: XyWrite hangs on quitting.

fegehrke@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have two questions:
> 1. I am on the list of emails for XyWrite but it
>   gets bothersome at the number of emails that
>   arrive daily. Why not have a newsgroup which one
>   can peruse the articles whenever?

Can't answer for Carl, but other lists I subscribe to have a "Digest"
subscription option, which dumps all of a day's worth of messages into one
file that comes to you. I don't know if this list has such an option
(Carl recently posted a recap of List commands, so I should take another
look at that . . . ), but if not perhaps it should. This can be very
convenient. Of course, you can end up having to wait for that day's
digest file, vs. several instances where I got an answer to something
literally 20 min.s later.

> 2. I saw the reference to Xywrite 4 and wonder what
>   that is. I use the dos v3 and never got the windows
>   version. How is this v4 obtained and what features
>   does it add?

Others can answer this better. Xy4DOS is not available for purchase any
longer, so far as I'm aware, although the 16-bit Windows version may be.
I don't know where to start, and others may disagree, but v.4 added many
desirable features and improvements. Xy-3 was a great, basic, text-only
word-proc., but the only advantage it retains in my view is the ability to
fit *everything* on one 1.44 floppy, the ultimate in portability, though a
lot less critical today. One of the members here has a site dedicated to
Xy-3, and an alternate point of view on this.

Jordan