Re: Ansified XyWrite (Att. R. Holmgren)

Let me probe a bit more (look at it in different views, fullscreen and
windowed, etc.), and if I cannot find a solution myself I'll ask again,
with full particulars. Thanks for the clarification of LA versus CP.
And thanks for ACCENTS (I got the rest of it; don't know why I hadn't had
it before) which I've just glanced at (I had to set up a new desk before
year's end if I was to take the expense on this year's taxes). I had to
stare at the keyboard assignments for a while before they sank in.
They're clever as all get out, but I've an aural, not a visual, mind, and
letters are primarily sounds, not shapes. Oh, how I wish we had had this
a few years back, when Leslie and I were wrestling with macron'd and
breve'd letters in a book about Korea! But it will be a lifesaver on my
laptop, where I've no keypad to enter values (unless I hit FN+Numlock, to
invoke the overly, enter the value, then toggle the overlay off)--and am
usually away from my desk, and either the manual or my own cheatsheet of
values. Of course, I can run your handy CHARSET, but this will be much
neater. Now to figure out a set of keyboard assignments I can remember.
Tidbit of technological history: I had an 8088 laptop with 2 720K
floppies ages ago, and discovered that the top-number-row keys generated
the number pad scancodes. So I was able to enter any Xy character by
typing the values in there, and didn't miss the number pad.
Thanks again,
Patricia