migrate to xy4dos

from Morris Krok

 essence@xxxxxxxx

 replying to Jordan Fox's e-mail
 Migrating to Xy4dos

 Thanks Jordan, I would be grateful to receive the files on disk 3 of
XY4dos. My version is 4.016 of which I have all the manuals except the
booklet which explained the differences between XYWrite 3 and 4 in respect
of certain functions and additions.

 By reloading the disks which I have, I eliminated the first two errors. AOP
relates to the auto save default and the other referred to not finding the
XY4 directory. I have been able to use ldpm to load program files except
where I tried to load them on letters c, and h. One of my programs does not
work the same way as it works in XYwrite 3. The moment it cannot find
something it displays a error message and beeps. I will have to check how to
suppress this.

 The only error message that comes up when loading XyWrite 4 now is Dic.Hlp
(not loaded).

 Making the Transition is probably what I am referring to. I must have
mislaid it because I have not been able to find it. If you can copy it then
my mailing address in the USA, is 211 Bean Creek Rd, #14, Scotts Valley Ca.
95066. If scanned, the booklet can be e-mailed. If I remember correctly,
this booklet had a section on the Signature program. Please advise if there
are any costs involved.
                Morris