Re: Version confusion.

On 20 Dec 00, at 15:48, Yo Intl. wrote:

> XY 3.x fits happily on one floppy, so that what you want if you really
> want to travel light. Otherwise, you are stepping into a great ideological
> debate here, that will go on as long as the list... Both versions use the
> same format and user interface, so you should not worry too much about
> getting the "wrong" version. Whatever you learn in one version, you will
> not have to unlearn for another.

At one time I had a laptop with a single 720k stiffy drive.

I carried the two programs I use most - XyWrite and askSam - on one stiffy,
and put the data on another, when researching in archives. It meant doing
without the help files, but I didn't need that for data capture. Both
programs loaded into memory, so one could easily take out the program disk
anonce the program was loaded and put in a data disk.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm