Re: Pre-Xy

PerfectWriter (PerfectCalc, Perfect Data, etc.) came bundled with my Columbia Data Products luggable portable, which featured two, count them 2, 5-1/4" floppy disks.

When I started working at the NPS we used a centralized writing tool, that featured dumb terminals.
It's name was something like, Lexan (not the plastic), but it was about as useful. I then migrated
to Multi-mate for a few weeks, before one of the computer teckies at the NPS introduced me to
XyWrite III+. I never did fully figure out how to use the Multimate, but a half an hour lesson in
XyWrite, and a handwritten template for the function keys, and I was flying high on my own.