Re: XyWrite and Ghostscript

Hi there, friends,

I no longer have Annie's exposition on Ghostscript, but I'm beginning
to think about PostScript again.

Am I correct in believing that Ghostscript is some kind of Postscript
interpreter? Could someone give the less- technically-minded of us a
very simple overview?

Would you print from XyWrite to disk using a Postscript printer
driver and then use Ghostscript to go from the postscript file to
something like a non-postscript HP Laserjet?? I seem to remember
downloading Ghostscript a long time again and finding the
documentation almost completely opaque. Is there as *simple* set of
instructions for installation and use?

Thanks.
Myron