Re: double spacing

In all the responses to this query, no one has mentioned the LF
default in XyW 3+, and I'm wondering if this is what Nikki was
referring to, rather than the LS command? This default was one of those
two-switch toggles (with LF standing for Line Feed, I believe): LF=0 was
always single spaced; LF=1 set the display to whatever LS value you
had assigned to a particular file. So, if you had an LS2 command
embedded in your file, you could issue the following from the command
line:

DEFAULT LF=1

and your display would be double spaced (although as I remember you
usually had to toggle into expanded display and then back into
formatted mode for the default to take effect). If you set your
linespacing as LS3, the display would triple space, etc.

This default command does not appear to work in XyW 4. You can issue
the default command, and XyW doesn't give you an error message, but
the command has no effect on the draft display.

Pam Upton
Assistant Managing Editor
Univ. of N.C. Press
upton1@xxxxxxxx