XYWIN CUSTOMI

XY-> Leslie:

XY-> BTW: Have you ever used the
 -> expanded ASCII set that XyWin and XyDos 4.16 give you?  The good news is
 -> you can see the characters on the screen. The bad news is that your HP
 -> Laserjet is odds on to print out a 0 instead of the character, and if, by
 -> some miracle, it does print out the character you want in the typeface and
 -> symbol set you ask for, some thing else will turn into a zero. Yo, Mr.
 -> Frank! Are you copying??

Leslie,

You don't mention whether you're using the Win or Xywin drivers.
The result I got via the Win drivers was very interesting: HCL5e
left, for the most part, blanks but one upper character did come
through (printing also generated an error message from HP).

Postscript, which I almost always use, printed the characters
fine, but with an interesting wrinkle: By itself or with other
text, the 3/4 (xy 897 or win ANSI 190) prints as part of the set;
however, should a graphic character which is not part of ANSI
precede, then the xywin "interpretation" is printed, rather than
the character.

Very original.

--Chet
---