Re: Whereis

At 05:32 PM 10/29/97 -0500, Richard Minutillo wrote:

>there is another dos-based (command-line) WHEREIS, same name but
>an EXE file, about 48Kb, which is(was?) shareware from a person
>called Keith Ledbetter.

Was. When he upgraded it, he changed the name--I forget why, but very
possibly in order to avoid this very confusion. I think that the new name
is SST, and can probably check if anyone is interested. (Ledbetter also
sold the excellent LCD: Led's Change Directory.)

I'll second the recommendation of J P Software's *Take Command* for its
file-searching prowess (and much else). Take a look at
http://www.jpsoft.com. Someone mentioned a PC Mag file searching
utility; I think that there have been more than one, and that one (or
perhaps just a chunk of code intended for reuse?) was written by Tom
Rawson, a (the?) big man at J P Software.

Peter Evans