RE: Xy4 Customization Guide Preview

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

>>Brian Henderson wrote:

>>What would you suggest? 10? 11? The body type is 8 at the moment.

>I'd vote for 12 point.

12 points! I'm willing to acknowledge that we're pretty much a pack of geezers here...but TWELVE POINTS!! That's really BIG Patricia. I really think you're going to have to compromise and increase the prescription on your reading glasses : > )

I've already whipped-up a sample that I'll upload when I get home. It's 10pts with a serif font.
It's pretty readable. I'd be willing to go to 11 if there's enough demand.

>>Without going into the sorry details...my stock of fonts for the app I'm working with is VERY limited. But I DO have a serif font. Let's give it a try.

>Wait a minute. Why isn't this being done in XyWrite?

Because XyVISION, the composition engine I'm using, does lots of PDF stuff automatically. If I were
just spitting pages out of a printer, then I probably WOULD be using XY...since I'm already doing
all the markup with it.

-BH