Re: va$wn ?

 > Can someone enlighten me as to how to obtain va$nw in xyDos 4?
 >  {sx86,{va$nw}}
 > and
 >  {sx86,{vanw}}
 > both freeze mine. Indeed I find that CG lists neither va$nw nor
 > vanw as a VA setting. A solution that involves the use of va$wa is
 > unacceptable to me since it precludes use of d nw=0. 	--a

≪ Your subject header mentions says "VA$WN" but your text mentions
only VA$NW. Which is it? ≫ 		--Robert

You mean there's a difference? Seriously, {sx86,{va$nw}} is causing
the freeze--code unaltered from the v3 original that's worked
since time immemorial. If I add debugging prompts in v4 ...
	{pr_1}{sx86,{va$nw}}{pr_2}
... the last thing that prints to screen is {pr_1}. Only way out is
C-A-D. If I comment that out and hardcode the 86 where va$nw is restored,
the code runs as smoothly as it does in v3 with the captured va$.

≪ In Xy4, you get the current WindowNumber with VA$WN (there is no VAWN,
 because there's nothing to set); the NewWindow default is established with
 VANW, and the current NewWindow setting is obtained from VA$WN. CG page 30
 describes NW, CG page 234 describes WN. ≫

My typo in the subj. line notwithstanding, I know what NW and WN do.
I just can't seem to get v4 to record va$nw at runtime, nor does CG
mention $nw where it might be expected, on p 231 between $nu and $ov.
So ... thanks anyway.

≪ When you say "freeze mine," you mean: freeze your what? ≫

You sure you want to know? 				--a