Re: A plea for clarity

>>May I request that people here put in a little effort to make their messages
>>clearer to people with a different context?

I dunno. I'd rather make a plea for *brevity*: just quote what's necessary.
To fill up the screens following the Xy nitty-gritty, let's have more
utterly irrelevant but/therefore delightful digressions about such matters
as American pronunciation. (BTW, when watching *Blood Simple* I had to read
the Japanese subtitles for the first few minutes, till I got the swing of
the Texas-speak. And my Japanese is appalling, as one person hereabouts
could attest. [But please don't.])
Peter Evans