Re: printing and print spooler

≪	For Xy 4.017 DOS I have a HP Deskjet 500 printer with an expanded
memory card inside. I am looking for a way to tell Xy this, but the
manuals give little information. Am I able to modify my printer file in
some way? ≫ --jloud@xxxxxxxx

Sure. Study xyWrite documentation and your printer's tech manual
carefully, keep a backup copy of your driver, avoid "experts" on the
street who know nothing about xyW or on the 'net who assert inexperience
as a qualification for giving advice, and fear not. The printer's tech
manual will explain how to address the extra memory; extrapolate the
xyWrite part of the terminology from xyW docs and the as-is driver.
Modify away! The process is tedious, success most gratifying. ... Ciao. 	--a