TTG Presence (Was Problems with ....)

I think we should be a bit careful and maybe give TTG a little
(just a little) understanding and credit. There ARE two sentences
in the recently redone session intro to dialup callers to the TTG
BBS that mistakenly seem to indicate that this list is a TTG tech
support forum.
The message, however, also suggests that those interested
download a file caller xybersp.ace (or something like that) that
file contains the full text of the info file that Nathan so
kindly reposted here last week. I don't think TTG has
intentionally tried to mislead anyone.

Several points: 1) TTG tech supopprt (Britt and Kevin) monitor
this list faithfully and respond with personal, private email
messages to those who describe technical difficulties for which
they are able to provide helpful information.

2) TTG has always respected the independent user-controlled
nature of the list and has chosen to stay in the background
precisely because they realize that this forum is not and does
not want to be commercial and that user exchanges of helpful and
even critical opinions is what this list is for.

3) I have personally gotten rapid, helpful responses directly
from TTG to problems posted here. I know many others have as
well.

4) My guess is that the new announcement on the BBS was written
by someone not quite up to speed on the use of cyberspace for
support and customer relations. Jeff Ramsay, when he was product
manager, was a bit better informed, but he's now gone. I hope
that we can use this episode to enhance user/company
communications, not to scuttle the valuable exchanges that exit
already.

If only the new PM would get herself a compuserve account and
join us for a discussion now and then, everybody would be better
off.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947