FW: Re: FW: Windows 95

On 17-SEP-1995 19:28:58.9 xywrite said to LESLIE319
  >On Sun, 17 Sep 1995 10:01:20 -0400 (EDT) Nathan Sivin wrote:
  >>Are you saying that there is no way in Win95 to turn off unwanted
  >>prompts in Win95, or just that you haven't had time to look into
  >that aspect yet?
  >The unwanted prompts are not within Win95 and I apologize for not
  >being clear. The new version of XW (4.12) is the culprit and I have
  >already complained with an extensive list when I first installed
  >the upgrade. To me, XW shouldn't ask me twice to open a file from
  >within File Manager with prompts, it should allow me to double
  >click on a file name in File Manager and take me right into the
  >file, and I should be able to add words to my personal dictionary
  >without being forced to say whether I want the first letter in caps
  >or all letters of the word in caps. The latter is very annoying
  >when adding acronyms to your personal spelling dictionary. With
  >other programs, you just add a word and it goes into your
  >dictionary without one or two more prompts.

  I'd like to see the speller configured so you can totally
blow away the case sensitive features as a setup option. It's
far more trouble than it's worth. Click on ignore all, then you
have to tell it whether to ignore caps or all letters, ugh!
Ugh!! UGHHH!!!!
Just make it go away. Geez, the danged thing will stop on MacArthur and
McKinley every bleeping time. There is no way to fix it,
apparently.

And while we're on the subject. Can't that "double word
encountered" feature be configured so that if a punctuation mark
appears between the words the double word message doesn't kick
in?

--Leslie--
`[1;32;46mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered