Re: Xy 3 installation problems

Cam: Don't try to _install_ Xy 4. It'll never run in that little RAM (I
think the installation routine needed Expanded or extended or DOS
protected mode services, therefore more than 640 MB). But you might be
able to COPY the minimal elements of an already expanded setup from a
real PC. Does this thing have any way of getting stuff in an out? Must
have, I would assume. Try tweaking the screen as Robert and others say,
and just load editor.exe. Then, once you get that running, try adding
other elements (keyboard files, spelling, settings.dfl; I'd do them in
that order) and see what crashes. I thought I'd heard about solar-powered
batteries for laptops somewhere? Might be worth looking into. If 4 won't
run (and it may need more RAM), try 3, same way.
Patricia