RE: Upgrade to XyWin or Not?

On 05/24/97 at 12:04 AM,
  Paul Thornett  said (in so many words):

>Win95 is, inter alia, still quite unstable,
>is not at all sophisticated in its multi-tasking, is substantially
>16-bit, and has minimal security. NT4, on the other hand, is remarkably
>stable for me (Service Pack issues aside), offers genuine multi-tasking,
>is totally 32-bit, has pretty tight security and allows more than one
>CPU to be used. But Win95 is better at Dos windowed sessions!

Ahh, then OS/2 gives you the best of both. As well as good connectivity
software. I even run it (and XyDOS4 in a VDM) on my pathetic laptop--its
memory deficiencies are clear when I'm opening lots of desktop windows,
but Xy itself flies. And on my decent desktop(s)...

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Spread the table and the quarrel will end
            --Anonymous

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU