Re: Message EOF (Hex 1A)

"This message is sent using Spry, in Windows WFWG. Does it contain an EOF
marker?" --Jacob Green

Hi, and thanks. I'd gone offlist with this since I seem to be the only
subscriber with eof-sensitive online software. I believe I erred in
suggesting either that John Gordon's msg contained an eof or that Warp s/w is
involved. Wherever the problem is, it's not Spry; TTG and other subscribers
use it without ill effect here. Guessing: I think the online service, ISP,
etc. is where eofs get stripped normally. Apparently one or two used by
subscribers don't do that, and when msgs are prepped with xyWrite or any
other word processor that doesn't offer an option to save files without the
eof, I suffer the ill effect. Actually, I'd expect anyone to who processes
email with xyWrite, since--unless the v4 1A default is set at 1--a file that
contains one will be truncated at the eof when saved and subsequent
(invisible) msgs lost. Maybe I'm the only subscriber who uses a home-grown
reader. Whatever ... Anyway, thanks for the test file. Spry's off the hook.
	--a

========================== annie fisher  nyc