OS/2 Warp + XyWrite 4.0 + Orbis

I notice in the archive there was some discussion of problems
arising from running XyWrite 4.0 + Orbis under OS/2. Some
reference was made to excluding certain memory regions. What
would those regions be, I wonder? I'd like to give that a try.

I've also run into problems with XyWrite 4.0 + Orbis under OS/2,
which is unfortunate since I find Orbis so useful.

Has any solution been found to this problem? In my case, Orbis
works in a crippled fashion with the risk of freezing XyWrite or
sometimes OS/2 itself (probably the single message queue
problem). One thing that is certain to cause a problem is if I
try to switch text bases. Orbis will soon freeze after that.

My work-around is to bring up a separate session of XyWrite and
call up
Orbis from there, and if Orbis freezes I can swap back to OS/2
and kill the session. But this doesn't always work either.

I'd love to be able to solve this problem. Any suggestions?

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx