Flash with Xy

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Xy -- the full program -- around
with them on a Flash or "cigar" drive, and run it from there ? If so,
wouldn't you need to do something moderately clever with Settings.DFL
etc. (if it can be done), because the keychain drive could end up
being anything from Drive D: to H:, or even beyond that ? Something
with -- I forget the exact term, at the moment -- %, ad-hoc values for
the relative location of the program files ? Possibly there is a
little monograph on this topic already ? (I vaguely recall something
along those lines called "Portable Xy", but I happen to be on the
road just now . . . .)

Jordan