How to bold-face the "primary" page numbers for index entries?

Our product's User Manual is written in XyWrite, and heavily
indexed. One problem with the manual has always been that for a
typical index entry there often are several page numbers listed,
only one of which is the "main" or primary page for that index
entry. So, someone who is looking up that topic often has to look
at several pages that have only brief mentions of the topic before
finally finding the one that contains the main description.

I'd very much like to be able to bold-face that primary page number,
or list it first, or something.

This would seem to me to be a fairly standard and simple thing to
need to do for a book index, If Writing Is What You Do. But there
seems to be no way to do it in XyWrite.

Has anyone solved this problem? Am I missing something obvious?

-Dave Burton   or
        alternate:
Burton Systems Software: http://www.burtonsys.com/
Tel: 1-919-233-8128  Fax: 1-919-233-0716  H: 1-919-481-0098
 -  TLIB Version Control and TLIB for Windows users: to join the  -
 -  TLIB Discussion List, send "subscribe tlib-l" in the body of  -
 -  an email to majordomo@xxxxxxxx               -
********* Ask us about our new TLIB Add-In for Visual Basic 4.0! *********