font cartridges

I have XyWrite for windows and do all my printing through a
network to a Hewlett Packard Laserjet III printer. I have
loaded the correct printer file (hplj-3.prn) and also, using the
"setp" command have pushed the "button" to select a cartridge.
What I want to do is access the font cartridge that is installed
in that printer. It is a "Twenty-Five in One" cartridge put out
by Pacific Data. That cartridge is listed in the table (as PD
172) and I can get it to list the various fonts available: Times
Roman, Prestige Elite, Presentation, etc. What I CAN'T do is
then get a document to print using one of those fonts. I've
tried clicking on a font in the list, then on "load", then going
to a document, but to no avail. The document still comes up in
standard Courier new and when I pull down the list of fonts, the
cartridge font that I thought I had selected is not included in
the list. What do I do?

My email address is Peter.Parshall@xxxxxxxx

Thanks.