Batch Commands In XPL

The nclosed XPL routine is a no-nonsense screen saver for Xy4 (DOS only).
It blanks the screen; a brief message can be added, if desired, with a
command-line argument. The core routine is actually a DOS batch file. It's
written temporarily to the directory that Xy uses for other temp files (pointed
to by status variable DR), and is deleted when the job is done. BLANK.PM can
be seen as a template for incorporating *any* series of DOS batch commands in
an XPL routine. Just substitute the new batch commands in Save/Get 02, rename
or incorporate into an existing program, and you're in business. Though BLANK
works only in Xy4, other batch commands should work equally well in XyWin
(though I haven't tried any). It seems to me there are some interesting
possibilities here.... A more elaborate BLANK, with optional password
protection, will appear in the next release of SMARTSET.

*Enclosed File: blank.pm