Re: Xy2PDF with NotaBene for Windows (+general PDF info)

Robert Holmgren wrote:
First, you need to install a generic Windows printer driver for Postscript. This is an amazingly useful driver to have, because it permits you to make a
PDF (or PS) file from ANY file or screen displayed by ANY Windows program --
And how! IN 2005, the State of New Jersey put up tax
forms and instructions on its Website that were PDFs.
One small problem: the idiots who created them forgot
to embed the fonts (and it was done with, IIRC, Adobe
version 3 or 4). So they displayed fine on the screen
under Acrobat Reader 6, but when one tried to print
them to a non-Postscript printer, one got nothing but
zeros. I printed to a PS driver to a file, then printed
that to my Epson inkjet with Ghostscript. Proper
printouts with everything handsome about them.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx