XY Under Vista [NotaBene annoyances]

At 02:46 AM 3/4/2007, Harry Binswanger wrote:
Then, in the more distant future, there's NotaBene. I have only kept it on the side, myself. But I do use it for large files, and maybe as the years roll softly by, I'll make the transition.
And still a frustrating future. I've kept my NB complaints and
problems from this list, but perhaps it's time, again, to introduce a
thread or two here, if there are no objections. For example, I can
not, though others here have, just import my XY keyboard into NB. A
number of key calls make the program freeze, leave artifacts or
create anomalies, even these, at the beginning of the my KB file:

100=LU
101=LL
102=LD
103=LR
NB does not like linear cursor movement commands. The NB the cursor won't move to the right when I make these calls. And other key calls produce other aftereffects. My solution is to build an NB keyboard one table at a time, seeing what works and what doesn't from my XY keyboard. When I'm done, I'm happy to share it.

Michael Norman
michael.norman@xxxxxxxx