Another Problem with Closing XyWrite

Tim Baehr's riff on "using start" reminds me of another minor
annoyance. Under Win98SE, *.XY files are associated with XyDOS 4,
so they open when I click on the filename in Explorer (actually
in PowerDesk). The problem is that, when I am done and close XY,
half the screen is occupied by a featureless black rectangle that
I then have to close with Alt-F4.

I banished this fearsome rectangle when opening XY from its own
icon and then closing it, by setting the icon properties to
"close on exit." But how does one do this with a file
association?

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin