Re: XYWin-NotaBene malignant synergy?

This conundrum will need ingenuity in both XyWin (v. 4.12) and
NotaBene (latest workstation demo).

I have been using XW all along. Since I installed NB last week, I
find that *both programs* in graphic mode now show "carriage
returns" (I forget the correct term) as medium-sized empty boxes
rather than the canonical little arrows. This does not happen in
any other mode. It obviously has to do with graphics display, not
with a change in the files.

For NB I am using renamed versions of my XW keyboard and DFL
files (the latter only slightly modified to get rid of a couple
of settings that caused trouble. But these versions are not
connected in any way to the XW originals. I suspect the problem
arose because some NB DLL file replaced an XW file of the same
name. Anyone run across this, or have an idea?

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science