Re: Upgrading: Precautions before

Right, Emery. I forgot to mention that, but it is an issue. I agree
wading through directories with Explorer is a royal pain, but shorten the
process by shortcuts to often accessed folders and partions on the
desktop. Once everything is copied, just open the folder on the desktop,
Edit-->Select all, Right click, choose Properties, and remove the check
mark next to Read only, and probably Archive too. Or you could open an
MSDOS prompt, CD to the directory (or, of course, include the fully
qualified path name before \*.*), and command ATTRIB -R *.* /S. Don't
know how well that works with Windows versions later than 9x, however.
Patricia