RE: ntfs, fat32, partitioning

Any apps that you might have manually set to default to a specific
folder, that the OS has been calling "My Documents", will continue to
default to that same (original) folder...which will continue to exist as
is was. But the OS will now start deferring to the "new" My Documents as
the default.

And even though the actual name of the original (OS created) folder is
named "My Documents", your new folder can be called anything you want.
But the OS will still display it, on the top of the folder list...in
that special MS My Documents place...as "My Documents". For instance, I
like to use a folder named "AA" on my "F" drive as the default (AA, so
it will list at the top of the other folders and be easily findable). So
there's still something called "My Documents" displayed right under the
word "Desktop", but it actually points to the "AA" folder.

-BH

-----Original Message----- From: Harry Binswanger

After having had My Documents where MS put it, and having stored some
files
there, can I retroactively (as it were) change My Documents to be off
the root?