Installing Xy under 32-bit Win; Manual; ANSI

Actually "installing" in this case is difficult if not outright
impossible (esp. with XyWin). What you need to do is copy the already
installed XyDos and XyWin directories from a PC where they're running to
new directories on the hard drive of your 32-bit Windows PC. Then create
shortcuts to EDITOR.EXE in both directories on your desktop, tweak the
properties of the XyDos shortcut to get a screen display you like, and
you're in business. (Note that XyWin, unlike even most other Win 3.1
apps, does NOT leave bits and pieces of itself all over the hard drive;
you could scarcely do this with most Win 3.1 apps.) If your old PC died
and the installed files there are no longer accessible, I have copies of
clean, out-of-the-box installations of both that I can either send you as
attachments (but that might be risky, given my s-l-o-w phone lines) or on
CD if you give me a snail-mail address.
	Carl and Robert: would you want to put these on your site? Or might we
get in trouble with people without licenses using them?
	As for the manual, I have the XY3 manual, which was in looseleaf format,
and a sheet-fed scanner, which means I scanning it in would not be
probhibitively difficult (as it is when you have to hop up to position a
sheet with a flatbed scanner). Don't know how good my scanning and OCR SW
are, though (I just got it), and it will absolutely need to be proofread:
the best OCR SW has a 1 char in 100 error rate.
	ANSI conversion: I have been working on creating a document that will at
least establish what the values for the various characters are in the
different apps and platforms. It's far from finished, but does include
the >256 chars. Would this help? It will take me a bit of time to figure
out which is the latest and most complete version.
Patricia