Re: OS/2 & Cyrix

Wendell Cochran wrote:

> I'm told that the chip & the OS are not entirely compatible, but the
> difficulties have not been itemized for me.

  Absolute nonsense. BTW, don't buy into the recent Intel "MMX" or
other upgrades -- they aren't, for the most part. They've fudged the
figures, only about a 20% increase in performance at most. A top honcho
at NEC just told me this week that RISC is the only possible route for
any real speed increases, Intel is at a dead-end with the x86 chip. NEC
just acquired Sega, and might be soon marketing a sweet little NC
machine in the $100-200 range, running Java-OS.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx http://www.dibbs.net/~hseaver
All is impermanent, but this too shall pass away, and the way of the