Re: ital.pgm (was: Re: XML/SGML)

Though I greeted Nathan Sivin's ITAL.PGM with sharp animal-like cries of
delight, I haven't been able to make it work.

If no block is defined, the program does indeed insert
"deltas" and puts the cursor between them.
But it does the same thing if a block is defined, which defeats the purpose of the routine.
If the define is completed, the program goes to the end of the defined area and inserts both deltas.
If the define is started but not finished, the program inserts two deltas
at the cursor position.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel