Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 1:36 AM
Subject: XyWin stops working

For years Xywrite for Windows has been working flawlessly under Windows XP Professional (with Service Pack 2 and all updates).

Now, for some unexplained reason, it has stopped working. (The reason has to be unexplained otherwise I would know what was wrong). When I click on the icon, or run it by double clicking on the .exe file in Windows Explorer, nothing, but nothing happens. No XyWrite, no mention of it in the Task Manager.

Now I know the program is ok, because XyWrite runs on another computer at home, the slower one that my son's friends use when they come around. I have copied that across to my own computer ... it still doesn't work. On the other hand I have successfully launched XyWrite on the guest computer using the copy of the program on my computer via the network, so there is nothing wrong with the copy on my computer. So it is not the program itself that has become corrupted. There is something deep in Windows that has gone wrong ... but what?

Paul

123VOYAGE/TRESORS DU SUD OUEST:
http://123voyage.com/realsw/tresors/index.htm
Telephone: (33) 5 59 38 99 00; Fax:(33) 5 59 38 99 11
Post: 123Voyage, c/o Williams, Bourg, 64190 Rivehaute, France

123Voyage, Tresors du Sud Ouest and Treasures of the South West are trading names of Sauveterre Ltd, company registered in the UK.
French SIRET No: 45316791800029 French No TVA (VAT) FR72 453167918

Checked by AVG Free Edition.