Re: OT: Win-10 Updates

Flash,

I'm with you -- in contrast to most of the other commentators
here on this subject -- and I stand by all that I said about it
previously.  I know what I've seen and experienced (not just
with Win-7, btw), and over the years I've seen a lot.  I'd MUCH
rather have a system that continues booting when I need it
to, rather than roll the dice on some of these MS updates.
Some became notorious, at least briefly, and some in fact got
recalled, due to serious defects.  Not something MS wants to
shine a light on, at all.  I think the supposed need for them
was often greatly overblown.  If others' experience with the
updates has been much more benign, I'm happy for them.
For myself, I'd rather hang back and watch for awhile, letting
others be the early test subjects.

That AskWoody site has proven incredibly valuable to IT
managers and more cautious end users, precisely because
they did shine that light.

   Jordan