Re: How to install XyWin under otvdm

Hi,

Documentation says "XWUIF.UIF contains settings governing screen setup: defines groups of buttons, associates bitmaps with buttons, and defines format bars."

Seems scrambled: to load the file, use "BX LOAD...", to input BX command, use PFUNC BX (= put function) from the command line.

"MW mx" means Windows function (= MW), parameter mx (= maximize screen),
see Customization & Programming Guide by Tony Woozley (http://www.penticoff.com/nb/programming/index.htm) for detailed descriptions of different commands.

I think this should be "MW mx BX LOAD C:\XW\XWUIF.UIFQ2 ;*;"

On the issue of startup directory and passing parameters:
I use a somewhat complex system for passing the directory information into NB. I have a batch file that echoes the Xy command line needed for changing the directory into a Xy RUN file which I run from the STARTUP.INT as the last item. This way I end up with the desired directory within NB while starting the program always from the application folder. The same idea works for loading a certain file from the DOS command line. There is a RUN file to load it at the bottom of STARTUP.INT. This kind of indirect approach is not needed with Xy EDITOR.EXE, it is valid for some NB versions.
Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx