Re: A XyWrite for Windows installer

Paul,

That's excellent advice. When I get back home at the end of the week, I'll modify my
installer to add that environmental variable.

I think you can use a simpler version of the variable. It should be (I think):

Path16=C:\XW;

You can set this permanently by entering this command at a Windows command prompt (user-level is OK;
you don't need to use administrative prompt):

SETX Path16 C:\XW;

Note that there is no equals sign, just the SETX command, then the variable, and then the value. And
N.B., the command is SETX, not SET.

I'm still puzzled that the Autoexec.bat method didn't work. It certainly works here
with the speller and thesaurus, but I haven't tried anything else.