Re: keyboard questions

Glad to see you had the answer for this, Carl.  In retrospect, I guess the only relevant question in this case is "What Does XyWrite see ?", as regards the scan codes.

   Jordan

On Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 7:19:54 PM PST, Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Reply to note from J R FOX <jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx> Wed, 5 Feb 2020
22:00:22 +0000 (UTC)

> In more direct response to your post, there used to be utilities
> for testing and reporting key scan codes. ... (Or perhaps the
> Jumbo U2 had some function for doing this ?)

Yes, Jordan, there is a relevant routine (SCANCODE) in the Jumbo U2.
But for Tom's purposes, it's easier to just run a freestanding XPL
program. Attached is SCANCODE.PM, for XyWrite 4 and later. The usage is

simple:

RUN SCANCODE.PM<cr>

Then, as you press keys (or key combinations), the scan code as
interpreted by XyWrite is displayed; Escape quits the program.

The first step will be to see whether unshifted F13, F14 and F15 return
a scan code in XyWrite. If they do generate scan codes, the next step
would be to modify the keyboard file to recognize and assign functions
to those scan codes, and see if it has the desired effect. But first
things first: do the keys return any scan code at all?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx