Re: keyboard questions

re scan codes, I now suspect xywrite doesn't 'see' much in the omnikey
prime's f13 to f15 keys because there's nothing much to see⬦finally found a
reference that says f13 was a comma period lock, f14 was to change keyboard rate, and f15 just
wasn't assigned to do anything. so that's that.

SO MY other keyboard question. I have two perfectly good Avant Stellar keyboards that used to work
with my xywrite, including the SF row of keys across the top, very useful to me. Those SF keys in my
xywrite keyboard table are in the Shift table, same number keys as the F keys,  but I didn't
need to hit shift for them to work.

NOW⬦caps lock always comes on and stays on when I boot up either keyboard, and no amount of
resetting, holding escape keys down, changes this. AND the sf keys all now just perform the same
functions as the f keys (unless I actually use the shift key, a real pain). no amount of following
avant's directions for changing the functions of the sf keys from shifted to unshifted works.

This is with Both keyboards, so suspect there's a systemic problem⬦it is possible that
the bios/programming chip was removed from these keyboards at some point in refurbishing, but
can't recall and have no idea if that would matter.

right now I got two pretty desirable keyboards that both misbehave badly in the same way.

btw, my omnikey ultra and omnikey prime keyboards do not share these problems; just the avant
stellars.   appreciate any help.

tom h