Re: intentional delays in XyWrite

Reply to note from Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> Sun, 07 Jun 2020
14:33:46 +0100

Bill,

> I dimly recall that there are some intentional delays in XyWrite's
> response, for example a pause after an error message.

You're thinking of the WAit setting. I'm not sure what the factory
default is, but if you want to eliminate any pause after errors, set
DF WA=0 in SETTINGS.DFL. The wait time increases by 1/18 of a second
for each increment in the value. For example, for a WAit time of 0.5
seconds, set DF WA=9. I set D WA=36 at the beginning of STARTUP.INT, so
if anything goes wrong I have a chance of seeing, then WA=0 just before
STARTUP.INT exits.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx