Re: OT: VBox incompatibility (?)

Hello Kurt,
Thank you for this update. I have not yet updated my VirtualBox. Still using VBox 5 under Win7 (as everything works very well for me). VBox 6 has a novel interface, and is a recommended update for Win10 users. And the coexistence fix is a very important improvement.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

Kurt Geisel wrote:
In addition to disabling Hyper-V, which is the right way to go if you dont need it, another alternative is to make sure you are running 1803 or later of Windows 10 and VirtualBox 6.0 or later. In this combination, VirtualBox can use a new feature of Hyper-V in order to coordinate and coexist. You will also need to enable the Windows Hypervisor Platform feature in Windows Optional Features. This same feature allows other virutalization subsystems (such as Docker), to run alongside Hyper-V.