Re: OT: VBox incompatibility (?)

Thanks for your comments.

I still think that there is a huge missed opportunity, if some developer could come up with a fairly comprehensive UI overlay that imitated the look, feel, and operation of Win XP or Win 7.  (I'd go with either of those, because to this day the seemingly arbitrary "need" for Win 10 to rename &/or relocate many formerly familiar pieces of the OS continues to be a daily  nuisance.)  I've been steadily working to rejigger much of that with 10, but I'm not done yet.  It is gradually getting to where it is more tolerable.  Classic Shell is probably coming up next, after a hopefully successful application of ShutUp 10 or Flash's more labor-intensive step-by-step guide for resolving all the MS data mining and user activity breaches.

As I noted before, there are BIG mistakes, fairly easily remedied, that all of these Linux distros seem to make.  WHY don't they ask you right off the bat what resolution you'd prefer ?  (If you can't read the damn screen, Game Over !)  We should not have to hunt all over for this control.  And we weren't born knowing that the Windows key -- if you have one -- brings up a Master Menu on many of these distros.  That's merely the beginning of such issues.

  Jordan