Re: XySearch _ quick question

Hi Carl,

I am glad to see that XySearch is still chugging away, and hope that is a status due to continue.  Wasn't there some downtime in the past though, or a period when it was emanating from a server in someone's closet ?  (I happen to subscribe to another list where the server changed hands a few times, and had periods of sustained hiccups that imparted some messaging chaos, or being entirely offline.)  I expect this is easy enough to check, but does it happen to fall within coverage of the internet Wayback machine ?  Maybe not, if it is private for the use of subscribing members.

   Jordan

On Friday, August 14, 2020, 9:14:04 AM PDT, Carl Distefano wrote:

Reply to note from Jay Mcnally <jaymcnally@xxxxxxxxx> Fri, 14 Aug 2020
11:10:51 -0400

Jay,

> Locate 32 offers programs for 32-bit and 64-bit.
>
> Which is the most optimal, 32 or 64, , and is there a rule of
> thumb about this going forward.

Short answer: the 32-bit version will run under either 64-bit or 32-bit
windows, so you can't go wrong with 32.

If you want to find out whether you're running 64-bit or 32-bit
Windows, you can do Start ==> Settings ==> System ==> About.
Alternatively, at the Windows command prompt, enter SET PROCESSOR. The
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER setting (among others) will tell you if it's 64-
or 32-bit.

I run the 32-bit version of Locate on my 64-bit system, and there's no
discernible performance penalty. It's fast.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx