Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.10 released!

Reply to note from Kari Eveli <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx> Fri, 5 Feb 2021
10:54:08 +0200

Kari,

> It is easy to program an alternative save routine using XyWrite's
> programming language which saves multiple bak files with file
> extensions like 001, 002, etc. Then all you have to do is to save
> ever so often.

This is essentially what Robert's Undo|Redo does for Xy4, with the
added convenience that it can do the job automatically, in the
background. (It's part of U2.) I also have routine called RD that saves
all or user-selected block deletions to disk. These tools are a pretty
good way of retracing your steps in Xy, but they do not approach the
convenience of Ctrl-Z/Ctrl-Y in Windows. As wonderful as it would be to
have that in Xy, I'm doubtful that it's attainable in a DOS environment
--  though I'd love to be proved wrong.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx