Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.10 released!

Carl,
I have tried this undo/redo, but as Xy4 is less usable for my purposes (I need a simplistic formatting system that can be easily converted to other formats, like Ventura or XML), it has been a non-starter.
Xy3/NB3 has a backup option which makes a BAK file when a CALLed file is
first saved (default setting BK=1). As this is not very helpful as an
undo device, I have replaced my save routine with a routine which makes
a BAK file every time a save command is issued. This kind of routine
could be augmented to make a succession of backups to cover all disk
commits during a session. That said, I find that a normal BAK file has
been sufficient.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

Carl Distefano wrote:
This is essentially what Robert's Undo|Redo does for Xy4, with the
added convenience that it can do the job automatically, in the
background. (It's part of U2.) I also have routine called RD that saves
all or user-selected block deletions to disk. These tools are a pretty
good way of retracing your steps in Xy, but they do not approach the
convenience of Ctrl-Z/Ctrl-Y in Windows. As wonderful as it would be to
have that in Xy, I'm doubtful that it's attainable in a DOS environment
--  though I'd love to be proved wrong.

-- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxxxx