Re: Desktop publishing pioneer meeting 2017 (video)

Hello Manuel,
Something similar you describe about Quark is happening to Xara. My solution is to stick to an older version and to avoid the subscription model. Web standards evolve, but the printed matter stays largely the same, therefore having the latest version is not a major consideration. Xara deals are available on eBay and elsewhere (the best Xara deal I could find just now is for 'MAGIX Xara Designer Pro X 2018 - [Download]' (https://downloadbuyer.com/showprod/3871) at $105,-, which is a steal).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/
Kari,
Quark is also switching to the subscription model but pretending not to do that. This process involves unacepptable practices for old users: for example, it's impossible to activate a currently non-supported version os the program if you need to do that. The new Quark CEO is killing a classisc in desktop publishing. Then, bye to Quark. I strongly recommend ansified XyWrite if you are going to work in Ventura 8/10. Texts (XyWrite macros are perfect to add Ventura markup) work perfectly in external mode.
Best wishes,
Manuel