Re: Request for XY3+ disks - 5.25" drives in the US?

Bob,
It indeed depends. If your work involves converting formatted text to databases or desktop publishing applications, I find Xy3+/NB3 preferable as the formatting codes are much more manageable. On the other hand, Xy4 is more advanced as a word processor. So, if you stay within the Xy product for all your work, Xy4 is better, but if your target is beyond, you may well find Xy3+ better suited to that aim. E.g. for building encyclopedias and dictionaries, Xy3+ is better, but for writing a thesis or a novel, Xy4 outshines.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

Bob Newell wrote:
Still that raises the question ... which product is preferrable, 3+ or
4? (I realize the answer is "it depends" but is there any general
sentiment?)