Re: vdosplus keyboard anomaly

Reply to note from "John Paines" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
("vf200") Sun, 28 Aug 2022 12:52:33 +0000 (UTC)

> No assignments to the alt keys, 56 and 98. I tried commenting them
> out anyway, but no luck.

Thanks, John. I don't immediately see a head-on solution to your issue,
but I've made some revisions to the program that may work around it.
Grab the new version here:

https://xywwweb.ammaze.net/dls/unstickkeys.zip

As you'll see in UnStickKeys.txt, there's a new option /D, which allows
you to specify a minimum number of shifting keys that must be Down
simultaneously in order to trigger a test for stuck keys. The default
value is 1, but if you raise it to 2, it would bypass the case when
only Alt is pressed down. The other value to play with is the wait
interval (first argument). The default is 5 seconds, but you should try
raising it until you hit a value where stuck keys become an issue
again. I've been using 10 seconds, but you might even try 30 or 60
seconds. The higher, the better, as long as the program is still
providing relief. (Also, recall that you can always hold down Numpad 5
to force an unstick.)

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx