Re: Some U2 questions

Dear Kari

I suppose I think my solution is more elegant.

Best wishes

Paul

On 09/01/2023 08:04, Kari Eveli wrote:
Dear Paul,

That is perfectly fine. However, I cannot see why you should not be able
to work in the DOS ASCII world and convert the result by some means to
Windows. There are several good ways to do this. I have not found any
compelling reason to surrender to the temptation of abandoning DOS ASCII
as the XyWrite character encoding.

Personally, I write in ASCII and convert it into ANSI or Unicode if need
be. E.g. EditPad (Pro or even the free Lite version) can be made to
recognize your files as ASCII using the file extension (.XY or I use
.TXB), and then you just save the file as ANSI (.TXA) or Unicode (.TXU)
if you have prior to this defined these file types in EditPad (or use
Convert, Text Encoding, Encode option).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

Paul Breeze (paul.breeze) wrote:
Dear Kari

Yes, it depends what you want.

I generate all my text files in Xy4 and then move them to Windows for
compiling, importing into Word and sending off to publishers etc.  I
have never found a windows program that suits me for writing.  That is
why I have created my system.

Best wishes

Paul