From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Kari Eveli
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2023 4:56 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Xy4_Installation&Learning_Guide.pdf

Carl and Edward,

I got a more elaborate version from Edward with page numbers which makes the index workable. Thank
you! This replaces the former one:
https://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/Xy4_Installation%26Learning_Guide.pdf

Incidentally, page numbering seems to work ok in most PDF readers, e.g.:
Acrobat, Foxit, PDF-Exchange, SumatraPDF.

I am working on the Customization Guide but still doing some tweaking to get the process better.

Carl has the rare transition guide which would be a nice addition to the readily available set of
guides.

Meanwhile, I have changed to Windows 10. The transition was pretty smooth but some things did not
make me happy. I lost Virtual PC 2007 which made me set up Windows 7 in a virtual machine. The
double virtualization solution is slow but works. A Win7 VM is useful for running programs that are
not compatible with Win10, like Acrobat X.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

> Thanks, Kari, for another excellent effort, and also to those who contributed. I've added the
Xy4 Installation and Learning Guide to a new section of the XyWWWeb page, XyWrite IV OEM Guides,
along with a few other publications:

> http://xywrit/
> e.org%2Fxywwweb%2F%23Xy4OEM&data=05%7C01%7C%7Cc5d59c2ecacc4fbb2bfe08db
> cd75c36d%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6383296778989695
> 46%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI
> 6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=K14As8%2FZQ%2FMiusXo8jtH
> lRZeXDRoA4MeYu9MidstsFA%3D&reserved=0
>
> If you are aware of any other XyWrite 4 OEM documentation that should be included here, please
let me know -- including documents that used to be available on http://www.xywrite.com/, which now, unfortunately, appears to be
a "stub".